Sunday 23 March 2014

A taste of what's to come...


I got so distracted these last two months by my other work, but now I am so insanely focused and determined, it's like a major high! I found a cool quote from Bruce Lee saying "The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus" - and that is my most favorite motivational quote at the moment. So, I am almost done with this one new piece and I am starting a new smaller one for the "for the love of art" competition coming up veeery soon. I had to redo my studio again cause the people we rent from wanted their closet that my painting was leaning against and then they gave us another smaller closet and a big chest... and there was so much stuff in the bigger closet so I had to spend a whole day clearing up the room and making studio space again! These are some pics of the progress and the experience :)

I must say I really miss my 4th Year Fine Arts, no matter how insanely tough it was... I miss the guidance from my mentor Frikkie Eksteen, an amazing painter. It is tough being on your own and having to build a stronger and stronger sense of self discipline and focus - you have to in order to make it in the art world. 

Oh how I love expression

A taste of what is to come

Getting ready

Before...

...After  ;P

Almost done!

My studio space :)


No comments:

Post a Comment