Wednesday 22 January 2014

Glacier

This painting is the first of a series of three white paintings that I made. Again I played with the idea of texture underneath the paint by pasting newsprint and also tracing paper on to the canvas, except this time i added an extra element - Pollyfilla. I used the Pollyfilla to create swirling patterns adding extra texture to my landscape. I think Pollyfilla is a great alternative way to make texture in paintings but it makes the painting heavy. The acrylic paint mixed with varnish created very interesting intricate patterns which one can only truly appreciate when looking at the artwork closely. It was really fun working with the different elements in this artwork and I was really pleased with the end result. What do you think?

San-Marí van Wyk, Glacier, 2012. Mixed Media on Canvas, 190 x 190 cm.

Details:
 






1 comment: