Monday 20 January 2014

Untitled Landscape


This painting reminded my lecturer of an aerial view of a landscape, hence the title Untitled Landscape. This was highly due to the texture I created underneath by pasting down newsprint that I covered in cold glue. I also mixed the acrylic paint with varnish which made it flow very freely so I dripped the paint over each other - with the canvas on the floor - which caused them to flow into one another in very interesting patterns. These unplanned little details that the paint does all by itself without he artist planning it, is what I love the most about paint. And I really love paint, I get so excited when I am surrounded by paint and I have an empty canvas ready to be filled with whatever I want... When I'm painting I love how sometimes all I need to do is give it the slightest of shoves to ultimately expose the paint's true amazing qualities.


San-Marí van Wyk, Untitled Landscape, 2012.
 Mixed Media on Canvas, 190 x 190 cm.

Details:
 







I'm still on holiday now visiting my boyfriend's family but as soon as I get home I'm going to fix up my new studio space back at my Dad's house. I'm super excited about it, I just want to start painting again! I'm thinking of calling it "San-Marí van Wyk Artist Studios", and one day when I have a house of my own I will move it there and it will be big and people will be able to come by and check out my work and I'll have art classes there for kids because I think it is vitally important to nurture a love of art in children, to put that burning desire to create in them so they can grow up to change the world with their art. More so, so that their lives will be transformed for the better. I am excited about the future, I kind of can't wait for it to begin. It begins with the renovation of my studio. I can't wait. 





2 comments:

  1. I love the sound of your new studio and can't wait to come see it sometime. I'm starting to feel sad that you guys are going home soon, but I'm excited or your new adventure to begin! I know you're going to be a huge success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much big sister! :D *happiness

    ReplyDelete