Sunday 19 January 2014

This is another artwork I produced in my third year of my BA Fine Arts degree in 2012, it was an experiment to create texture in an alternative way to actual paint. I used a lot of different materials including Masking tape, newsprint, acrylic paint, spray paint and powder paint, actually nearly any and all red paint I could get my hands on. As I applied the layers one after I got my hands truly dirty and that took me back to the feeling of being a child and art being about pure creation in the messiest and most fun of ways. This is definitely one of my favorite pieces as it was a ton of fun making it.  Also, I especially like how it cracked, I don't know why but I love cracks in paintings. Cracks bring another element to a painting, one you have no control over, and I love that about painting.  

San-Marí van Wyk, Red like the Colour of your Heart, 2012.
Mixed Media on Canvas, 190 x 190 cm.


Details:
 








No comments:

Post a Comment